Thursday, October 10, 2019

Not a Card I Wanted to make This Week


This is so not the kind of card I wanted to make this week.

Unfortunately, we had an unexpected death in our family earlier this week. And, of course, I didn’t have an appropriate sympathy card in my stash ready to go. Pinterest to the rescue for inspiration!

Here is the card that I made:



I inked one side of a Spellbinders double-sided embossing folder before laying down the designer paper & running it through my embossing machine to create the background texture.  The designer paper is retired and is from Stampin Up.  The sentiment was stamped with Stampin’ Up’s Basic Gray ink on a scrap of white cardstock, then run through my die cutter to cut out the shape.  

I laid a piece of lace across the front, then glued the sentiment on top. I layered the card front onto a slightly larger piece of designer paper  (the flip side of the green), then glued that onto my white 5”x 7” card base.

IMPORTANT - please read!
If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide, PLEASE!!!  Get help or reach out to someone, anyone! If you have no one to whom you can talk or confide in, please call the Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255!  Suicide is never the answer. 

No comments: