Friday, October 18, 2019

Card Shower Request


I belong to a Facebook group called Random Acts of Cardness where we send cards out when a request for a card shower is posted.  Yesterday, I saw a post for a veteran who has been hospitalized for several weeks and is need of a “pick me up.”  It was late when I saw the request so I didn’t have time to make a card, but I did find one in my stash to send.




I’ve had this card for quite a while, so I’m glad I finally found a reason to send it out. I remember some of the details, so I’ll post as much info as I can.

The airplane stamp is from Prickly Pear – I stamped it in black permanent ink on white cardstock. I used markers to color the image, then fussy cut it out.   I do not know the brand of the tree stamp, but it is similar to one of the stamps in Stampin’ Up’s retired set, Lovely as a Tree. I stamped the trees with Stazon ink onto glossy cardstock. After the ink dried, I sponged around the trees with blue ink to create the sky – this gave the illusion of clouds. I sponged green ink along the ground to create the landscape.

The card front is 5-1/4” x 4” and is layered onto a piece of black cardstock measuring 5-3/8” x 4-18”.  The size of the finished card is A2, 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”.

No comments: