Friday, October 11, 2019

Inspired by a Card on Mixed Up Crafts - Z-Fold Pop Up Card



I saw a card on Mixed Up Crafts  and wanted to make one!   I changed mine up, though.




Instead of a Christmas card, I decided to use designer paper from Graphic 45’s Flutter collection.  I followed the instructions from Mixed Up Crafts for cutting & scoring the card base as well as cutting the larger panels.  But I didn’t like the open space left after making the slits horizontally across the two center sections. 

I cut a panel to fit underneath the slits, then scored it in half lengthwise. Since that panel was nearly the same size as the card base, I cut an additional set of the larger panels from the designer paper. I did not cut the smaller sections that the tutorial from Mixed Up crafts called for since they weren't necessary.  I also added a panel on the back side of the card to hide the seams and to give the card more stability.


I used a layering die set from Stampin’ Up to cut the accent piece on the front of the card. I only had two different sized dies and thought there was too much space between the two layers, so I cut another piece of designer paper with the larger die. I left it inside the die, then traced around the inner edge with a pencil. After that, I carefully trimmed away along the pencil line to make a slightly smaller die cut shape.

There is no stamping on this card as of now.  When I decide who is getting it & for what occasion, I’ll stamp a sentiment on the back panel.

No comments: