Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Thursday, September 10, 2015
I used bits and pieces of cardstock and designer papers from several monthly kits to create this card. The oval die cut piece as well as both pieces of designer paper came from kits. I stamped the image onto vellum paper using Black Licorice ink. After it dried, I flipped the image over and colored on the backside by dipping a blender pen onto the ink pad to pick up the colors.
Here is the recipe for this card:
Stamp sets: Wish in a Bottle (sentiment) Spring Days (image)
I recently received the snowman and matching die but haven’t had an opportunity to use it yet. He is a cheery fellow and using the die makes it quick and easy to cut him out!
Here is the recipe for this card:
Ink: Fun Stamper’s Journey Black Licorice, Cat’s Eye red, green, orange
Cardstock: Whipped Cream, unknown brand navy
Sunday, August 30, 2015
It is time to get really serious about purging my studio since I will be moving in a couple of months. I am tired of hauling all this stuff every time I move!
Last week, I filled a couple of good sized boxes with punches, 12x12 designer paper, a few wood mounted stamps, & a lot of ribbon and took them to an elementary school that is located in the southern part of the county. it felt good to know that these things went somewhere where they will be used. I had some of the items for almost five years! If I hadn't used them by now, it's obvious that I never would.
Next up for purge are stamps and stamp sets.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
No pictures today, but rather some rambling thoughts!
I am still working (albeit slowly!) on purging my studio. The other day, I went through all of my punches and pulled out quite a few that I know I will never use. Some are brand new and/or having matching stamp sets. Those stamp sets were pulled off the shelf and added to the pile. A couple of the punches and matching sets have already been posted on the "Purge to Splurge" group on Facebook. More will be added later to that group.
I keep putting off going through all of my patterned paper. There is way too much of it! I know I will feel better getting rid of paper that I bought years ago and have never used.
Last night, I started a Christmas card using the July 2015 paper collection from Heartfelt Creations. It will be a nice card once it's finished. I like how Heartfelt Creations makes printed card fronts that you can cut out, embellish & stamp, then glue onto a card base.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
I made this easel card for a co-worker whose husband passed away recently.
I had a die cut shape that I scanned into my Brother Scan N Cut and enlarged so that it would fit around Grand Calibur Labels One shape. The flower is a Memory Box die and the diamond shape is a Spellbinders nestabilities die. The sentiment comes from Papertrey Ink.
My studio purge is still a work in progress. I have sold several items and that feels good! I sent two packages to a friend in Texas and I threw a lot of stuff in the trash. There is still a lot more to go through and get rid of.
Monday, March 16, 2015
After the air show was over, My Man, his son, and I went out for fajitas. Yummy dinner! And I got to see the pics and videos they took at the air show. When I got back home after dinner, of course I had to continue watching Downton Abby! I am now up to Season 2, Episode 2.
Friday, March 13, 2015
This card will be going to my Stamping Friend. It is a loose "CASE" of a card we made this past weekend. She taught me how to shape flowers quickly, so now I am more inclined to do that. I've always liked the looks for shaped flowers over flat ones on a card, but I never wanted to go to all that work!
I used the designer paper that is available for this year's SAtampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration. I sponged around the edges and into the paper so that you can see the embossed design. The flowers were stamped and punched out, then shaped with a dry embossing tool & bone folder to curl the edges. The leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart leaf punch; I used the embossing tool to put in the veins & sponged around the edges for dimension.
I used the dotted rectangle die that is available through Fun Stamper's Journey for the second layer. The stickpin is one that I had made a couple of years ago.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
I promise, I have been making cards lately! I made two cards on Sunday that I really like; I just haven't taken pictures of them yet. And I have been working on a Mother's Day card since Monday night.
I have been slowly going through my art studio and pulling stuff that needs to be purged. I tried to sell a few things on EBay; after several times of listing, I managed to sell three items. That experience was frustrating and disappointing so it will be a while before I try selling on EBay again.
I found a group on Facebook called Purge to Splurge and thought I'd give it a try. I listed four things last night and already sold two of them! So, I would say that is a success~! I am very happy to see some money in my PayPal account AND to send some tools to new homes where they will be used. I am definitely going to be listing more things on Purge to Splurge in the next few days.