Saturday, October 31, 2009

IC204 Franz Porcelain Inspiration Challenge


I am IN LOVE with Papertrey Ink cardstock! The white and vanilla (as are the other colors!) are very heavy and are perfect for card bases!

Yesterday, I decided to stop at Michaels on the way home from work. They have new Martha Stewart punches! It was really hard to decide which one to get; I wanted them all! I finally decided on the Floral Vine punch.

Of course I had to play with my new toy yesterday! I happened to have the Summer Sunrise cs already cut so I grabbed it, along with a card base in white. After punching the edge, I used my Scor Pal to scor two parallel lines. At this point, I was stumped. I just didn't know what I wanted to do with this card. The colors didn't lend themselves to Christmas; I thought about punpkins but none of my pumpkin stamps felt "right" for this card. So I set it aside for the night.

Today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com is based on the site Franz Porcelain Precious Possessions. This is the piece I used for my inspiration: Fluttering Beauty Butterfly Teapot. The colors were perfect for the card I started last night!

The closest flower I have is from Stampin' Up's Fifth Avenue Floral set; I stamped the lily in Versafine black ink then sponged them with pumkpin pie, tangerine tango, groovy guava, and cameo coral inks before cutting them out. I used a Spellbinder nestability butterfly shape to cut, emboss, and sponge the butterfly. I used tangerine tango, groovy guava, and blue bayou inks.
I used a bit of copper stickles to add a bit of bling to the flowers and butterfly


Recipe:
  • Stamps: SU! Fifth Avenue Floral (flowers), CTMH Butterfly Wings (stems)
  • Cardstock: Papertrey Ink white, summer sunrise, melon berry
  • Ink: Versafine Black, Groovy Guava, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral, Blue Bayou, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart punch, Spellbinders nestability, stickles

2 comments:

all4sydney said...

Robin this card is STUNNING!! Love the punch!!

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day!!

Angel said...

Beautiful card Robin!!!

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!