Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Blast From the Past – Pocket Cards!


I was cleaning my studio and came across a note with rough information on creating a pocket card. Apparently this note was from 2008 because the first line on the paper was 2008 In Colors!  Well, as I was reading my note, I couldn’t visualize the end result, so I decided to try making one. 

Once I cut the paper to 4-1/2 x 11 and scored it at 1-1/4 & 
5-1/2, the light bulb over my head turned on!  It is a mountain fold at the 1-1/4 score line and a valley fold at the 5-1/2 score line & glued together along the sides.  That creates the pocket, which can then be decorated and stamped.  I made several and used up some scraps of old Stampin Up designer papers.  The size of the base layer of the insert is 3-3/4 x 5.

Here is a pic of most of the cards that I made. These cards are going into my stash – I’ll stamp an appropriate sentiment and decorate them more when I know who each card will be going to.





Then, I got to thinking about how to make a 5 x 7 pocket card.  I tried cutting a piece of cardstock to 7 x 10, but then realized that it could not be scored and folded to create the pocket.  So, I cut the cardstock  along the long side at 5 inches, & scored one of the pieces along the short side at 2 inches. I folded down the flap (mountain fold) and used 1/8” score tape (along the sides and bottom) to adhere it to the back panel.  

Here is a picture of the card that I will most likely be sending to my granddaughter later this year.  She is not a girly-girl, so no flowers!  I may add a bit of glitter to the balloons, though, because the card is just too plain for me!




This is the inside pocket. The sentiment is a wood mounted stamp that I have had for years & I have no idea what brand it is.  I used a Spellbinders gift tag die set to create the pocket on the left side; I'll slip in some money and a gift card for her.



No comments: