Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day Card 2016

This is the card that I gave to my mother this year.

It is an easel card that I created with Heartfelt Creations’ Peacock Paisley collection from 2015.  I also used Spellbinders oval dies and Heartfelt Creations daisy die.

This card was fun to create and easy since the paper is already colored. I die cut out one of the peacock images with a fancy scalloped die, added a few punched flowers and then layered it onto green & navy blue cardstock ovals.  I did the same for the lower image.  I added a daisy that I stamped, colored, then die cut.  The sentiment is from a Verve set. I stamped it with black archival ink then used a tag punch for the shape.

My lighting is a bit off so it looks like the green layers are different colors. However, they are the same color!

It’s easier to insert a link to a tutorial than to try to explain how to create an oval easel card. Here is a YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2HdBswS_BU


I love the Peacock Paisley collection! I need to make more cards since I have so much paper left still! So don’t be surprised if you see more of this collection in the upcoming months.

No comments: