Friday, May 6, 2016

Freckle Fish!


No card to share today ... I've been making a few cards here and there, but have actually been spending more time organizing my studio. I am still working on the "Jennifer McGuire" style of storing my dies and stamps.  It has been slow going ,,, but as we know, "slow and steady wins the race!"

I went to Bali Studios  in  Cocoa Beach last night and painted this Freckle Fish!  Oh my, it was fun!  I forgot to put on an apron, so I got paint on my black top, but such is life.  If you look close, you can see the paint splatters on my arm!  lol

This painting is very easy and I will probably paint a few more at home.  It is three layers of sponged-on paint   (two of the orange/yellow background and one of the dark blue around the edges). Then, paint is splattered on top of that.  Next is the fish -- no stencil for that!  

Do you remember from your Kindergarten days how to draw a fish?  Where you draw the curved shape & add a triangle along the side?   Well, that's how you draw the fish, only using paint and a paintbrush.  Then fill it in with a base coat of white (I used creamy white).  While the base coat is still wet, blend in several colors of blue & one of a brown. Use the darker colors ar the bottom..  Paint in the eye, dot it up (freckles!), dry the piece, and you're done!

No comments: