Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Brother's Birthday Card



This is the card that I sent to my older brother for his birthday.  It was a fairly quick card to make, even though I was designing it as I went.



I stamped the lighthouse image onto watercolor paper with archival black ink, colored it with watercolor pencils, and used my water pen to smooth out the colors. After it was dry (used my handy-dandy heat gun for that!), I used a circle punch to punch out the picture. I didn’t have the next larger sized punch, so I used my Brother Scan n Cut to cut a larger circle.

The sentiment is made up of two stamps. The frame is a Stampin’ Up stamp that coordinates with one of their framelits. The sentiment is from set made by a different company.  I used my Scan n Cut to cut a mat for the sentiment and added brads for accents.


Both the sentiment and the image are popped up.  The background is a piece of designer paper from my scrap bin; I sponged around the edges to distress it a bit. The card is 5” x 7”

No comments: