Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Christmas Gift!



My husband made this bow maker for me! It is seriously awesome!

I showed him a pic of a bow maker online that was pretty simple. It was a small block of wood that had 6 or 8 holes drilled in it & (I think) 4 pegs; the lady sells hers for $15.

My in-laws's neighbor is a woodworker and he had these pieces of scrap wood laying around. He drilled the holes & glued the pieces together after beveling the base. The top part is scrap banister rail. My husband sanded it so that it is perfectly smooth then varnished it. It is really shiny! And heavy!

I was really surprised when I opened the box and saw it. I never expected anything this beautiful and elaborate. I guess he really does love me! lol

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Oh - that is lovely! I have one that I won, but it's nothing like as pretty to look at as this, purely functional, and not as adjustable.
Happy bow-making!!