Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Fun at Bali Studios!

Last Thursday was Open Paint Night at Bali Studio in Cocoa Beach, Florida.  I planned on painting a dragonfly again because my granddaughter has the first one I did.  I really like that dragonfly painting and want one for my art wall!   But when I got to Bali Studio, I decided to do something different, something that I hadn't painted yet.  So, I chose the heron silhouette.



This was a fun, FAST painting!  I was done with it in about an hour, and that included drying time!  

The background was done first, starting with light cream for the setting sun, then gradiating out with darker colors.  The silhouette was drawn freehand (no stencil, oh my!), then painted black. The leaf fronds and birds were created using with simple brushstrokes.   Voila! It's done!

If you would like to join me at a paint class, look up and "like" Bali Studio on Facebook. Sheri posts her events there. Here is a link to her page: https://www.facebook.com/Bali-Studios-196419721201/

No comments: