Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year! My Word for 2016

Wow!  Time is flying by  (just like my mother told me it would when I was a kid  lol)

My word for 2016 is "Focus."   There are things that I need & want to focus on and they are:

1. My relationships with God, family (immediate and extended), and friends 

This is especially true for the man in my life.  We are two very different types of people and so it makes our relationship interesting, especially given that we live in separate homes.  He is a night owl and I am an early bird. He works long hours, so he is more relaxed about keeping his house tidy and I am somewhat of a neatnik!

My talent & ministry is cardmaking so I want to send out more cards througout the year. More than birthdays, anniversaries, or Christmas; I want to send cards for no reason other than I was thinking about that person.  I also want to donate more cards to local organizations such as assisted living facilities for the residents to use or charitable organizations that serve animals.

2. My finances  

I want to pay down my credit card debt this year; the best way to do that is to take control of my spending habits and "shop" from my stash of art supplies first.

Paying down my credit card debt will free up money so that I will be able to donate more money to my favorite animal charity, The Mr. Mo Project .  This organization saves senior dogs from shelters around the country, finds fosters for the dogs, then pays for the transportation to get the dog to the foster, AND they pay all of the dog's medical bills for the rest if its life.

3. My art and my blog  

Once again, I have let life get in the way of both. I am not going to commit to posting here every day or even every week, but I do want to make a concerted effort to post more often.  However, one commitment that I can make is to spend time every week day in my studio, even if it is just to clean up or reorganize.

4. "Lighten My Load"  

This is an ongoing project and one that I will make progress, even if just baby steps, if I shop my art stash first.  I have joined a Facebook group called 40 Bags in 40 Days and read the posts daily as added inspiration to lighten my load.  My 40 day start date is tomorrow, Jan 6th, and my plan is to start in my art studio.


So, there you have it, Friends. In my mind, putting this into print seems to solidify my accountability.

No comments: