Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Art Studio “Spring” Clean and Reorganization


I am excited to report that the “spring” cleaning in my art studio is done and it has been reorganized!

It turns out that I will not be moving this year (and that makes me very happy).  The property manager will be doing an inspection of the condo this week before issuing a new lease and that prompted me to really dig in and clean my art studio.   Even after the packing that I had already done in anticipation of moving, I still spent at least 3 hours in there last Sunday.  I tossed a lot of scrap paper and other stuff that I know I will never use.

I had a small Iris cart in my bedroom closet that didn’t have much in it, so I emptied it & moved it to my art studio closet. It now holds my Stickles & reinkers. Two of the drawers are still empty, but that probably won’t last long! I’m sure I will find something to store in there.

I didn’t unpack everything that belongs in my studio. I figured those were things I don’t use often, so I put the boxes in the storage room.  If I need something, I can get it from the box, use it, & then decide if it needs to stay in the studio.


When I was finished, it was a relief as well as a huge sense of accomplishment!  Now, I don’t want to make anything because I don’t want to mess up my studio!  Last night, I just sat in there for a few minutes and enjoyed the cleanliness. Every time I walk past the door, I pause, look in the room, and smile.  J

No comments: