Friday, March 13, 2015

Birthday Card



This card will be going to my Stamping Friend.  It is a loose "CASE" of a card we made this past weekend.  She taught me how to shape flowers quickly, so now I am more inclined to do that.  I've always liked the looks for shaped flowers over flat ones on a card, but I never wanted to go to all that work!  

I used the designer paper that is available for this year's SAtampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration. I sponged around the edges and into the paper so that you can see the embossed design.  The flowers were stamped and punched out, then shaped with a dry embossing tool & bone folder to curl the edges.  The leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart leaf punch; I used the embossing tool to put in the veins & sponged around the edges for dimension.

I used the dotted rectangle die that is available through Fun Stamper's Journey for the second layer.  The stickpin is one that I had made  a couple of years ago.


1 comment:

Jennipher said...

Robin, this card is absolutely stunning! I found your blog on SCS and decided to pop on over. So glad I did. I'll be back and would love it if you popped over to my blog. I'm trying to connect with some new blogging friends as a lot of my older ones are inactive now. Have a great weekend.