Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stampin' Up! Wetlands

Now that I am back home in Central Florida, I have been getting together with my Stamping Friend every other week.  The cards she makes are more elaborate than what I come up with on my own. She helps me step out of my comfort zone and I am usually always happy with the results.   This card is no exception!




This card was CASE’d from a card that Stamping Friend and I saw at our Stampin’ Up! Demo’s house.  Our Demo made the card at her upline’s meeting. I tried to find the card (or a close proximity of it) online so that I can give proper credit; if it is your card or you know whose it is, please let me know so that I can give credit.

We stamped the sandpiper image onto watercolor paper then sponged in the sky, water, and sand. We then cut out the image with a circle die.It is layered onto a Baja Breeze circle.  We embossed just the card front.  We stamped the wavy line image from Chalk Lines in Baja Blue and trimmed it to fit the card front. The strips in order  below the stamped lines are Baja Breeze, water color paper, Night of Navy.

But the real magic happens when the card is opened!




I love how this card turned out!  We cut the inside piece using a Karen Burniston pop-it-up die from Elizabeth Crafts.  We were going to use the cut in the other direction so that the sentiment would be standing up when the card was opened, but we decided we liked it better this way.

We stamped the sentiment on water color paper and cut it out with a circle die.  We stamped the pelican then fussycut it out, leaving a couple of inches long tail at the bottom. The tail is needed so that the bird can be secured to the card base.  We used a grass die to cut the grasses in front of the pelican.  We sponged in the clouds using a handmade cloud template.  You could also punch out a scalloped circle or oval and  use that as your template.


Recipe:
Stamps:   Stampin’ Up! Wetlands and Chalk Lines.  Unknown sentiment, pelican, and birds
Cardstock: Baja Breese, Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, watercolor paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Stazon Black
Accessories:  Stampin’ Up! Embossing folder, Karen Burniston pop-it-up die by Elizabeth Crafts, Circle dies, Grass die

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I just love that set! What a beautiful card, Robin, and a great choice to send Ernie - it evokes such a sense of peace and tranquillity.

Gabby said...

Very nice card, Robin. Like the colors, layers of texture, stamps. A pop up card is a fun card to receive so surely this will get Ernie's attn and make him smile. :)

wendy2512 said...

My how wonderful. So pretty and peaceful. Perfect for Ernie, and way to go going out of your comfort zone..you rocked it...;0)...LOVE it...TFS