Monday, August 17, 2009

New card, as promised!

Most importantly, my Dad went home last Friday from the hospital. He's still not 100% but he is a lot better than he was!




As promised, here is a card using one of the new sets from the Holiday Mini Catalog; it's called Autumn Splendor.


I made this card for yesterday's Featured Stamper challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.com. Here is my gallery submission that shows a link to the card I CASE'd. I chose to leave the sentiment off for now; I'll add that when I actually use the card.


It's hard to see in the pic, but the leaves are popped up for depth. I used two colors of ink - I first tapped the image in Really Rust, then in Old Olive to get just a hint of color. The trick to that is to use the lighter ink for the base color and the darker for the highlight. That way, you won't ruin your lighter inkpad.


Recipe:
Stampset: Autumn Splendor (available to order Sept 1st)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Really Rust
Ink: Really Rust, Old Olive
Accessories: Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, ticket corner punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder (herringbone)

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is beautiful! Great Job Robin!