Monday, September 15, 2014

Mix-Ability Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com




This is my card for Friday’s   Mix-Ability   challenge (MIX85). The challenge was to use crayons to scribble or draw on cardstock, then spray or paint over the piece of cardstock.  The crayon acts as a resist.

I drew my flowers with pink, yellow, and green crayons, then sprayed the cardstock with brown Dylusions spray.  I noticed that the crayons lost some their color intensity when I wiped off the still-wet spray.  The piece still looked rather plain, so after it was dry, I outlined the images with a black charcoal pencil then smudged it just a bit with my finger.  I knew the charcoal would continue to smudge if it wasn’t sealed so I sprayed it liberally with liquid hair spray.  After the hair spray was dry, I layered the piece onto dark chocolate cardstock, then onto pink cardstock before mounting it onto the cream-colored card  base.  The finished size is 5-1/2” square.


There is no stamping on this card.

No comments: