Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tulips


I don't want to lose sight of my blog again, or wait a year or so to make another post!   I have a lot of things that I can post, so there is no excuse this time.  :-)

Today's offering is a picture that I painted in my smaller size art journal.  I like the small one as a good place for "practice" pieces.  I am always pleasantly surprised when something turns out as good  (or better) as I hoped.  This page is one of those "pleasant surprises."

I created the background first with paints and sprays, then drew the tulips with a pencil.  I then painted the tulips with a primer coat of gesso before using acrylic paints for the colors.  After I was happy with the tulips, I used a black charcoal pencil to outline them & smudged the lines for depth. I then flicked black india ink over the piece with a fan brush.  After that, I used molding paste & a stencil to create texture.

No comments: