Monday, April 11, 2011

Featured Stamper, 4-10-2011

This is my card for yesterday's Featured Stamper Challenge on I chose to CASE this card from Becky's gallery. There were so many choices; her gallery is fabulous! The only things I didn't change were the sketch and the black layer. I did not cut out an oval using my nestabilites; I punched out an oval and a scalloped oval then layered them instead. I changed the image, color scheme, used different ribbon, and dry embossed the black layer. I ourposely left off the sentiment and will add that later when needed. Recipe

  • Stampset - unknown Inkadinkadoo

  • Cardstock: PTI cream, Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Baja Breeze, unknown dsp for scalloped oval

  • Ink: Archival Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss

  • AccessoiresL Cuttlebug, "Vic toria" embossing folder, blender pen to color the image, Stampin' Up! ivory ribbon

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Teapot Tuesday!

This is my card for this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge at We were supposed to use cats because the recipient (Linda) loves cats. But, I used a butterfly because cats can't fly! LOL I used two Technique Junkie technique's on this card, Mulberry Magic and Fauz Rhinestones. I dont' have any mulberry paper so I substituted a used dryer sheet. The Crystal Effects ran together on the samller dots and so not all of my "rhinestones" turned out like they were supposed to. Oh well, I'm still happy with this card. I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Kisses set on a piece of yellow designer paper, cut out both butterflies with Papertrey Ink dies , then layered them so that the top layer pops up. The ink is Momento yellow. Recipe

  • Stampset: Papertrey Ink Butterfly Kisses

  • Ink: Momento yellow, Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise

  • Cardstock: Papertrey ink white, Stampin' Up! Night of Navy, unknown dsp

  • Accessories: Used dryer sheet, Papertrey ink dies, border punch, Crystal Effects