Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Brother's Birthday Card



This is the first card I've made using a digistamp. I downloaded Gimp (a free photo editing program) and changed the color of the lines from black to this color which is pretty close to Stampin' Up!'s Riding Hood Red. I re-sized the image so that it was close to 3" square.

I used the Aged Tile technique from Technique Junkies on the image, then mounted it to Chocolate Chip cardstock. The card base was too bland and boring, so I inked up an 2-1/2" square acrylic block with PTI's Chamomile Tea ink & stamped it all over the card base to add some visual texture.

This card is going to my brother for his birthday.
Recipe
  • Cardstock: Stampin; Up! Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip (sentiment), Close to Cocoa marker around the tiles
  • Accessories: acrylic block

No comments: