Saturday, July 5, 2008

Swap and Challenge Cards




















Lei It On Me swap


I recently bought a pineapple brass stencil and was playing with it in my Cuttlebug. I read recently either on a blog or on SCS about coloring the CS before removing it from the stencil and I wanted to try it. I was very happy with my first try, so I decided to use this embossed image for the Lei It On Me swap. I didn’t have any ideas about the rest of the card, which came as I was putting it together.

Recipe:
CS: So Saffron, River Rock, WW, Blue Bayou DSP
Ink: Blue Bayou, Whisper White
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Dots BG
Accessories: Sakura clear glitter gelly pen, Nestabilities, SU! Pastels




WishRAK Challenges

WishRAK on Splitcoast is holding a July 4th weekend of challenges. We are to make cards with the posted theme and use something received through WishRAK. We are also supposed to send the cards in to a volunteer; she will send the cards out to an organization that will get the cards into our troops’ hands. The intent is to supply cards the troops can send back to their loved ones. So far, I’ve only completed two challenges. But I will do more and hope to post those cards when they are done.





















This is my card for the Patriotic Thank You challenge.
Recipe:
CS: Night of Navy, WW, DSP from Joannes
Ink: Night of Navy
Stamps: clear acrylic set (I don’t know the brand or name of the set)
Accessories: Designer Label Punch, Oval Punch, SU! Night of Navy robbon, adhesive stars fro Joannes






This is my card for the Female Birthday challenge (I straightened out the ribbon!)

Recipe:
CS: Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, WW
Ink: Purely Pomegranite, Cramy Caramel, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Craft White
Stamps: Studio G, Dots BG
Accessories: Purely pomegranite ribbon, Primas, brad

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous cards! I love that tip about the stencil & the cuttlebug & colouring it before removing it. I'll have to try it with a crow stencil I have...If I can break myself away from the gesso. ;0) Thanks so much for commenting on my blog so I could find yours! :0) mel