Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I'm Just a Wee Bit Late With This Post!



This is the Valentine's Day gift that I made for my Sweetheart.  He loved it!

I started the canvas at a mixed media class that I took at Bali Studios in Cocoa Beach, FL.  The owner, Sheri Stewart, is awesome!  She is an excellent artist, teacher, and friend!  If you have the opportunity to attend any of her classes, you should go! You will leave with a wonderful piece of art that you created.   Sheri can be found on Facebook at Bali Studios.

Anyway!   I printed  out  a free steampunk image (found here) and took it with me to the class. I also took a few other odds & ends that I found in my art studio that I thought might work.  The base of the canvas is torn scrapbook papers that are glued down with mod podge.  I cut out the steampunk image & glued it down on top of the scrapbook papers. I used the other "odds & ends" to decorate the canvas, then outlined the image with a black sharpie to give it more definition.

The pocket watch images were cut from scrapbook paper; the image on the left was covered with Glossy Accents from Stampin Up & glued on when it was dry. The cogs and chain at the bottom came from a sheet of rub-ons that I picked up at Tuesday Morning. The white dots were made by applying modeling past through a stencil.

This was a fun piece to make!

No comments: