Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fun Stamper’s Journey Coach Challenge for September 2015

I am a Journey Coach (#382) for Fun Stamper’s Journey.  I am also the winner for my upline’s September coaches’ challenge.   My choices are to make a card with a stamp set that I have not used yet or to hold a party either online or in person.   Since I am in the process of finding a new place to live & move by the end of next month AND planning a 60th anniversary party for my parents, it is easier for me to create a card (or two!) with a previously unused stamp set.


This is the first card that I created:



I used bits and pieces of cardstock and designer papers from several monthly kits to create this card. The oval die cut piece as well as both pieces of designer paper came from kits.  I stamped the image onto vellum paper using Black Licorice ink.  After it dried, I flipped the image over and colored on the backside by dipping a blender pen onto the ink pad to pick up the colors.

After the inks were dry, I glued the piece onto the backside of the die cut piece of Whipped Cream cardstock and glued that on top of the piece of designer paper.  The edges on the piece of orange striped designer paper was distressed and then the design element was glued on.  This entire assembly was glued to the A2 card base. The finished size of this card is 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”.

I used the following stamp sets:   
     
Here is the recipe for this card:

Stamp sets: Wish in a Bottle (sentiment) Spring Days (image)
Ink: Fun Stamper’s Journey Licorice Black and Pineapple, Cat’s Eye olive green and rust
Paper / Cardstock:  Whipped Cream (white), Vellum, various Fun Stampers Journey designer papers, vellum       



Here is the second card that I made for this challenge:


I recently received the snowman and matching die but haven’t had an opportunity to use it yet. He is a cheery fellow and using the die makes it quick and easy to cut him out!     


I used a pierced rectangle die and next smaller size to die cut the rectangle frame. I stamped the snowman in Black Licorice ink on Whipped Cream cardstock, the die cut him out. He is colored using a blender pen dipped in inks.  I just cut a scrap of white cardstock in a curvy fashion to create the hillside.

After gluing the hillside to the back of the frame, I glued it down onto the navy blue cardstock (unfortunately, not Fun Stamper’s Journey cardstock).  I used a Sakura clear glitter pen to make the stars and then glued the frame assembly on top, stamped the sentiment, then glued on the snowman.   This was then glued onto an A2 card base; the finished size of the card is 4-1/4” by 5-1/2”.


I used the following stamp set and dies:

















Here is the recipe for this card:
Stamp sets: Frosty Fun (image), Wish in a Bottle (sentiment), pictured above
Ink: Fun Stamper’s Journey Black Licorice, Cat’s Eye red, green, orange
Cardstock: Whipped Cream, unknown brand navy

1 comment:

Christine Pennington said...

Thank you so so much for taking on the challenge... I love your cards. Both are nicely done. Thanks also for being on my team. Blessed indeed.