Monday, March 16, 2015

Slow Day (Yesterday) on the Homefront

Yesterday  (Sunday, 3/15/15) was a nice, slow day. Nothing on my agenda and no plans for the day. 

I decided to pass ongoing to the air show at the local airport so that My Man could spend some “quality guy time” with his (college-age) son. I’m glad I did because they had a great time together.

I purchased a Roku box a week ago so I figured yesterday was a good time to get it set up.  It was easy-peasy!  I had it set up in just a few minutes and started watching Downton Abby.  I have never seen the show, so, of course, I started from the beginning.

I didn’t feel like doing anything in my art studio, but I did feel a bit guilty sitting in front of the TV and not actually doing something. So, I dug out a couple of Spellbinders flower dies, some scraps of paper, and inks. I took those (along with my Big Shot) into the living room and made flowers.  I started out with a blue one but didn’t like it, so I tossed the pieces. I ended up with five light pink flowers (edge-sponged with Stampin Up pink pirouette ink).  I’ll take a picture of the flowers when I get home this afternoon and add it to this post.  (2015-03-17 - ETA picture of the flowers!)



After the air show was over, My Man, his son, and I went out for fajitas.  Yummy dinner! And I got to see the pics and videos they took at the air show.  When I got back home after dinner, of course I had to continue watching Downton Abby!  I am now up to Season 2, Episode 2.

No comments: