Monday, March 16, 2015

Slow Day (Yesterday) on the Homefront

Yesterday  (Sunday, 3/15/15) was a nice, slow day. Nothing on my agenda and no plans for the day. 

I decided to pass ongoing to the air show at the local airport so that My Man could spend some “quality guy time” with his (college-age) son. I’m glad I did because they had a great time together.

I purchased a Roku box a week ago so I figured yesterday was a good time to get it set up.  It was easy-peasy!  I had it set up in just a few minutes and started watching Downton Abby.  I have never seen the show, so, of course, I started from the beginning.

I didn’t feel like doing anything in my art studio, but I did feel a bit guilty sitting in front of the TV and not actually doing something. So, I dug out a couple of Spellbinders flower dies, some scraps of paper, and inks. I took those (along with my Big Shot) into the living room and made flowers.  I started out with a blue one but didn’t like it, so I tossed the pieces. I ended up with five light pink flowers (edge-sponged with Stampin Up pink pirouette ink).  I’ll take a picture of the flowers when I get home this afternoon and add it to this post.  (2015-03-17 - ETA picture of the flowers!)

After the air show was over, My Man, his son, and I went out for fajitas.  Yummy dinner! And I got to see the pics and videos they took at the air show.  When I got back home after dinner, of course I had to continue watching Downton Abby!  I am now up to Season 2, Episode 2.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Birthday Card

This card will be going to my Stamping Friend.  It is a loose "CASE" of a card we made this past weekend.  She taught me how to shape flowers quickly, so now I am more inclined to do that.  I've always liked the looks for shaped flowers over flat ones on a card, but I never wanted to go to all that work!  

I used the designer paper that is available for this year's SAtampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration. I sponged around the edges and into the paper so that you can see the embossed design.  The flowers were stamped and punched out, then shaped with a dry embossing tool & bone folder to curl the edges.  The leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart leaf punch; I used the embossing tool to put in the veins & sponged around the edges for dimension.

I used the dotted rectangle die that is available through Fun Stamper's Journey for the second layer.  The stickpin is one that I had made  a couple of years ago.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015


I promise, I have been making cards lately!   I made two cards on Sunday that I really like; I just haven't taken pictures of them yet. And I have been working on a Mother's Day card since Monday night.

I have been slowly going through my art studio and pulling stuff that needs to be purged.  I tried to sell a few things on EBay; after several times of listing, I managed to sell three items.  That experience was frustrating and disappointing so it will be a while before I try selling on EBay again.

I found a group on Facebook called Purge to Splurge and thought I'd give it a try. I listed four things last night and already sold two of them!  So, I would say that is a success~!  I am very happy to see some money in my PayPal account AND to send some tools to new homes where they will be used.  I am definitely going to be listing more things on Purge to Splurge in the next few days.