Thursday, January 22, 2015

Embrace Your Art, Prompt 20



This mixed media card was a lot of fun to make! Prompt 20 is Diamonds and Pearls.

I cut a piece of watercolor paper 4-3/4” x 6-3/4” for the card front.   I spritzed the paper with water, then used a sponge dauber to add the different blue and green inks.  The blue spray blob in the top is from Limor Webber’s 2014 “steampunk” collection at Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

I used a foam stamp that has three diamonds on it with two colors of green inks. I stamped the lighter color first, then over-stamped with the darker color.   After that, I stamped the flower from Totally Tracy’s set, “Let It Go,” in Archival Black ink. I painted the petals and leaves with different colors of watered down inks. After the page was dry, I lightly smeared a charcoal pencil around the diamonds and used Liquid Pearls to create the textured flower center.

The card front was layered onto navy blue cardstock (4-7/8’ x 6-7/8”) and then glued to a 5 x 7 card base.


(Yes, I know!  I am a couple days behind on the prompts!  I haven’t even started Prompt 21, Ghost Writing.  )

No comments: