Monday, January 5, 2015

Embrace Your Art Daily

I have joined a (Facebook) challenge called Embrace Your Art Daily. This challenge  started on January 1st and runs for the entire year. Tiare Smith selects the prompts for the week on Mondays.

The first eleven prompts have been selected:

1. Pastels, Paints, Ink

I was staying at a friend's house over the Christmas and New Year's holidays and did not have a lot of art supplies with me.

I drew the tree trunk and flowers, then used watercolor pencils to color the image. That fulfilled the "pastels" and "ink" portion of the challenge. I used a sharpie pen to outline everything and to write the quote; that fulfilled the "ink" portion of the challenge.



2. Bloom


I found a tutorial on YouTube on drawing poppies.  They are easy!

Again, the flowers were colored with watercolor pencils and outlined with the sharpie pen.


3. Hand


I traced my hand with a #2 pencil, then colored the image and background with (you guessed it!) watercolor pencils.

I did have a couple of stamps with me; I used one of them to stamp the flower images. If I remember correctly, this is a Hero Arts image.

After everything was colored, I outlined my hand and the flowers with a sharpie pen.




4. Intuition
I did not create any art for that challenge. I spent the late morning packing up everything to come back home. My friend plays guitar and is part of a local band  (J.Q. and the Master Blasters). They had a gig on Sunday afternoon, so I went with him to that before driving home yesterday evening.

5. Numbers


This card fulfills the challenge for numbers AND it is also my Teapot Tuesday card for this week.  I do not have the link for the Teapot Tuesday challenge yet, but we were supposed to either make an ATC or a mixed media card.

I did both!  The section inside the black and pink butterfly tape is an ATC  (2-1/2" x 3-1/2") I matted the ATC and stamped the background of the card. The ATC is popped up to add dimension.

Go join the challenge group on Facebook!  Watch the videos to get the rest of this week's prompts.

I have been having a good time. I hope to be able to create something every day in 2015.  











No comments: