Friday, November 21, 2014

My Granddaughter's Birthday Card



This card is for my granddaughter’s upcoming birthday.  She doesn’t read my blog, so it is safe to post her card even though her birthday is not for a couple of weeks yet. She is going to be 11. Where on earth did the time go?  It seems like just yesterday that she was born!

“Tween” cards are difficult for me, much like children’s or masculine cards.     Pinterest to the rescue!   I CASE’d    this card from Splitcoaststampers.com   and had to dig into the pile of stamp sets that I am going to either donate or sell to do so.

I used the same stamp set and layout, but everything else is different.  I left off the two smaller flowers, used different papers for the big flowers, and  different sentiment. I used mini pearls in the centers of the flowers instead of brads and added a layer under the card front.  Of course, the card needed a bit of bling, so I went over the sentiment with my clear glitter pen.


Recipe
Stamp Set: Stampin’ Up! Friendship Blooms (2008 Sale-A-Bration), unknown sentiment
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Papertrey Ink white, unknown DSP’s (from my scrap bin)
Ink: Archival Black
Accessories: Mini pearls, Sakura clear gelly roll pen

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Beautiful card Robin. Your granddaughter will love it. I love swirls and flowers there is so much one can do with them. I got here from your post on the Chicks with power...at SCS.