Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sending Holiday Cheer



This was a fun card to make!  Lots of non-traditional Christmas colors.  It may be considered a CAS card, but it was not really all that quick.

The inside front of the Darice embossing folder was inked with Distress Inks Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean, then  the watercolor paper was laid inside the folder and ran through my Big Shot.  (Be sure to clean your embossing folder right away or it might stain).

The house and tree were stamped onto watercolor paper using black Stazon ink. After using watercolor pencils to color the images, I fussy-cut them out.  I used Liquid Pearls on the roofline and at the top of the chimney and Distress clear stickles on the tree.

After that, I tore a piece of watercolor paper for the hilly shape and used Distress clear stickles to make the sparkly snow. I dried the stickles with my heat gun but let the paper get a bit too hot!  Oh well.  Anyway, I stamped the sentiment with black Stazon.  After I glued the pieces together, I mounted the card front onto an A2 card base.

Recipe:

Stamps: Hero Arts Sending Holiday Cheer CL464
Cardstock: Watercolor paper, Papertrey Ink white
Ink: Distress Peacock Feathers & Salty Ocean, Stazon black
Accessories: Darice embossing folder, Liquid Pearls, Distress stickles, watercolor pencils

No comments: