Wednesday, November 26, 2014

No card for today ...

This is just a quick update on my "studio purging" journey.

I have come to a standstill on breaking up my Stampin' Up! sets. As I scan the sets on my DVD shelf, I just cannot make myself break up any more of them right now.  So, I am not going to try to force myself; I'll wait until it feels "OK" to break them up.

Once that urge hits again, I'm ready.  I recently bought more of the full sized stamp cases (for wood mounted sets) that Stampin Up sells.  I'm almost at the point where I need to sub-divide certain classifications, such as flowers or birds. It will be easier to find the stamp that I want to use if I sub-divide  flowers into types of flowers (i.e. roses or 

Last night, I grabbed the plastic tote where I keep my paper scraps. Oh boy, did I ever get aggressive with throwing away paper scraps! I kept some of the larger pieces and a few pieces that I really loved or knew that there would be no more of that particular pattern.  The rest was put in a trash bag and will be taken to the dumpster in the next day or so.

If anyone looked in my studio, they would  not see any evidence that I am purging.  I am taking Baby Steps on this journey so each completed bit of the purge is not evident. But every one of those Baby Steps has been so freeing!  It may be a long time before I see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, but I plan on completing this journey no matter how long it takes.

I keep telling myself that I need to "lighten my load."  It is wasteful to have so much *stuff* in my studio that doesn't get used.  And it's even *more* wasteful to have stuff that is forgotten about and ends up at the bottom of a drawer or box.

No comments: