Wednesday, November 19, 2014

MMTPT329 Monkeyshine!



Shenanigans!

This card is for yesterday’s Teapot Tuesday challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com. It is going out to Pam in Westminster, CO.  Pam recently had surgery and is “on the mend.”

Funny or cute cards are not my forte, so I had to think a bit on it. I looked on the internet but didn't find anything that gave me inspiration, so I was on my own for this tea party!   After looking through my stamps for a while, I remembered that I have some cute animal stamps. I figured I could do something with one of them.  And then I found the Changito Monkey set and the light bulb over my head turned on!

I had a scrap of watercolor paper on my desk that needed a bit of a trim to make it the perfect size.  I stamped the tree limb image, added extra leaves, then stamped the monkey.  Then I colored the image with my colored pencils.  After it was all colored, I realized that I should have stamped the image of bananas that is in the set in the monkey’s hand.  I guess I could have paper-pieced  the bananas, but I didn't think about doing that until just now as I’m writing this post.  Oy!

I used on old Stampin’ Up! Set called Bitty Backgrounds to stamp on the layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock. I tried it first with just Versamark ink, but it didn't show up as nicely as I’d hoped. So I flipped the cardstock over and stamped again with lost Lagoon ink.  Ahhh, much better!

I layered both pieces onto black cardstock before assembling the card.  There is no bling or embellishments on the card at all.



Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Bitty Backgrounds, Changito Monkey
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! Basic Black, Lost Lagoon, Papertrey Ink white, watercolor paper
Ink: Archival Black, Stampin’ Up Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Colored Pencils

1 comment:

Sarah Souza said...

Lovely card. Great job coloring the image!