Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MMTPT327 Truck for Jayden



Today’s card is going out to 6 year old Jayden.  He recently lost his little sister in a terrible accident and his mother was badly injured as well.

You can find his story at this week’s Teapot Tuesday challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com:

Jayden likes big trucks and race cars. Since I come from a racing family, I am a bit weary of making racing related cards, so I chose to go with a big rig.  The stamp set is called Big Boy Toys from Mark’s Finest Paper. This set was released in 2012 and is still available.  In fact, I just saw that Mark’s Finest Paper is running a sale right now and this set is going for $14.39, so there ya go!

I love washi tape, but i just never seems to look right on my cards. This time, though, the washi tape fit the bill perfectly! I used Tim Holtz’ tissue tape to anchor the truck to the card.  I’m not sure if it shows in the picture, but I used Crystal Effects from Stampin’ Up on the windshield of the truck.  The truck itself was colored with pencils.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: MFP’s Big Boy Toys
Paper: Georgia Pacific White
Ink: Archival Black
Accessories: Tissue Tape, Crystal Effects, Coloring Pencils


No comments: