Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lovely as a Tree birthday card



This is the card that I am sending to my nephew who lives in Colorado. His birthday is next week.

He enjoys auto racing like his grandfather (my Dad), his father, uncle, and brother.  Quite honestly, though, I am a bit weary of making cards related to auto racing and wanted to do something different. I know my nephew enjoys camping and fishing with his family as well as the mountains in general, so this is what I decided to go with. 

This card is a pretty close CASE of the card found here:  http://fireflyscards.blogspot.com/2013/01/lovely-tree.html   I used the same layout and stampset (Lovely as a Tree). Instead of using an embossing folder for the wood background, I used Stampin’Up’s Hardwood background stamp. I tore scraps of green & light blue papers and sponged the edges rather than brayering in the scene.  I used dies to cut the sentiment. I forgot to note down the brand of the dies, though.


Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin’ Up Lovely as a Tree, Hardwood
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink cream, Stampin’ Up Old Olive, Early Espresso, scraps
Ink: Stampin’Up Early Espresso, unknown blue
Accessories: Dies for the sentiment

No comments: