Thursday, October 9, 2014

Christmas Card


I like how this card turned out!  I design as I go, so it took a couple of hours to complete (not to mention the mess that was on my desk when I was finished! Lol).  I will make more because I like the design, but the next ones will go much quicker!







I am making an attempt to actually use the supplies that I have purchased at least once.  The money is not well-spent if the supplies are never used.  And, if I use something then find I don’t like it after all or I have a difficult time with it (intricate dies, in particular), it is a lot easier for me to put it in the “Let It Go” bin.   I have been purging my supplies, but it has been a very slow process.  It’s more fun to create than to clean, yaknow?   

I am digressing!  Back to the card ….   I used a Stampin” Up embossing folder for the background.  The holly leaves are from a Cuttlebug / Spellbinders die that I found at Joannes Fabrics & Crafts earlier this summer.   The label die is also one of Spellbinders fancy labels dies.  I cut the small piece for the sentiment from white cardstock, stamped the image, and glued it on.  I sued Stickles glitter glue for the berries.

Recipe
Stampset – Stampin' Up! Christmas Blessing (retired)
Ink – Archival Black, Old Olive
Paper – Cherry Cobbler, Gable Green, White
Accessories – Stampin” Up! Embossing folder, Spellbinders dies, Stickles

No comments: