Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Mixed Media Monday"

I have been "into" mixed media and art journaling for the last year and a half or so; there are quite a few artists who I follow.  One of those artists is Tracy Weinzapful Burgos. She is a delightful person and does a live Ustream show on Monday nights (9 p.m. EST) called Mixed Media Monday.

Today's offering is my art journal page CASE'd from her 8/25/14 show




I created the background using acrylic paints and "slapping" them down with a baby wipe. Once I was happy with the colors, I "drew" my flowers  with  white gesso, then painted them with acrylic paints. The outlining was done with a charcoal pencil then smudged with my finger.  The circles were done with white gesso and  a foam stamp that I have had for ages.  the other texture was created with a piece of drywall tape and white gesso.

I cut the stencil with my Brother Scan N Cut; I used a piece of scrap cardstock then used molding paste to give the words some dimension.

No comments: