Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Teapot Tuesday Challenge #136

This is my card for yesterday’s Teapot Tuesday challenge.

We are dancingat the Roxy! How fun is that? I am doing the Bee Bop Wop … my little bees are buzzing across the card to get the nectar from that luscious flower with the polka dot center!

A BIG “Thank you” to Roxy71 for all the sketch challenges she has given us the last few years.

  • CS: PTI white, SU! Summer Sun
  • Ink: Summer Sun (marker), Distress Black
  • Stamp: unknown
  • Accessories: polka dot brad, prima flowers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Card for Abby

The Teapotters on are sending cards to a young lady named Abby each month and this is my card to her for March.

Word on The Street is that Abby has recently gotten a pug puppy that she named Peach. The image I used is the closest thing I have to a pug puppy! And since she named the puppy Peach, I used Papertrey Ink's Melon Berry cardstock and ink as it is a nice peachy color.

I hope Abby likes this card. as much as I enjoyed making it for her!


  • Cardstock: Watercolor paper, Papertrey Ink's white and melon berry
  • Image: Inkadinkadoo image, unknown sentiment
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink's melon berry, Stazon black
  • Accessories: clear glitter pen, Stampin' Up's Framed Tulips & Square Lattice embossing folders

Friday, March 4, 2011

Co-worker's Birthday Card

This is the card I made for a co-worker's birthday. Finally! A card I am happy with and not embarrassed to give away!

I saw the idea for double embossing with two different Stampin' Up! folders online somewhere recently; I apologize, but I don't remember if I saw it on a blog or on a Yahoo Group. I liked her card and realized how easy it would be to do the double embossing.

It's hard to see the image, but this was a practice piece for the "Neutral Shadows" technique from Technique Junkies. I found the piece laying on my little table and decided to use it. Here are the steps to make this card:

  1. Punch the image out with a 1-3/4" circle punch.

  2. Stamp the sentiment

  3. Double emboss the layer (Square Lattice folder first, then the Tulip folder)

  4. Cut out the die cut

  5. Glue the die cut to the embossed cardstock

  6. Glue the image inside the center circle of the die cut

  7. Attach rhinestones

  8. Glue the card front to the base


  • Ink: Versafine Black, Versamark for embossing

  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist, Pear Pizzaz, Papertrey Ink white

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Well Scripted (sentiment), Studio G image

  • Accessories: Cuttlebug, Quikutz die, Stampin' Up! embossing folders, Rhinestones, Clear Embossing Powder

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March already!

No picture to share today, just some ramblings!

Sometimes things happen in life that are no fault of your own yet it affects you anyway. My roommate was laid off from her job a couple of weeks ago and decided to go back to Florida. Unfortunately I could not afford our apartment by myself, so I had to move, too.

Thankfully a co worker lives in the same complex and has a spare bedroom, so I moved in with her. I am glad it worked out that way - I was able to stay in the same apartment complex and I did not have the stress of having to quickly find a new apartment and move. She has a couple of small dogs (who I just love!) so I will be helping her take care of them.

It was a bit stressful, though, having to pack up and move so fast. I have not been able to (nor have I even wanted to) make a card in the last couple of weeks. Having to reorganize my stamping supplies in a new place and a trip to JoAnn's this past weekend helped get the creative desire flowing.

I made a couple of cards since Monday and another one is in the works, but I am not happy with them at all. They are both severely lacking. I guess "creative desire" does not necessarily equal "creative mojo!" One may be fixable (I have some ideas that might work) but the other had to go out today so "it is what it is."

OK, enough rambling for this morning! I hope all my friends out there in Blogland have a GREAT day!