Thursday, October 14, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Cardinal & Holly



Here is one of the Christmas cards I've made so far this year.

I love this cardinal from Heartfelt Creations! The technique for this card is Paper Piecing and it's easy to do, especially with this image since most of the sections are easy to cut out.

I stamped it on white cardstock, then stamped it again in yellow, red, and green papers. I cut out the sections I wanted (green leaves and berries, yellow beak, and red body) then glued them onto the image that was stamped on the white cardstock.

To make the shaped piece, I laid one of my nestabilities die over the image and traced around the inside of die. I cut it out then erased the pencil marks. After that, I used the same nestabilities die to cut the black mat.

The background is a piece of Real Red cardstock from Stampin' Up! that was embossed with Tim Holtz' folder, bricks. I brayered white pigment ink then sprinkled some glitter while the ink was still wet. After the ink dried, I sprayed it lightly with hair spray to set the glitter.

The brads are faux brads; the tutorial can be found in the Resources section on Splitcoaststampers.com.

No comments: