Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crafty Ho's Challenge Blog

This my entry for this week's challenge on the Crafty Ho's Challenge Blog.

This week, it was a recipe challenge: 1 leaf (oops! I used 2), a button, and a circle. I don't use buttons on my cards but I did find a brad in my stash that looks like a button so I used that.

You can't really see it, but the background is subtly embossed using a leaf stencil. Yep, the thin plastic kind for stenciling with paint! It is too subtle for my taste but IRL it gives this card some texture. I used Marvy punches for the circles and the edges of the embossed layer were distressed.

  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, unknown brown dsp
  • Stamp: unknown sentiment and leaf stamp
  • Ink: Sage Shadow
  • Accessories: Creative Memories paper flowers, brads, Cuttlebug, plastic stencil, Marvy punches, distressing tool

3-2-1 Blast Off! Ho

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Do You Love Card Challenges?

If you do, you will love the Feline Playful blog! She is giving away a Mega Blog Candy this week ... and I mean MEGA!

Go check it out for he blog candy and the lists of challenges. There are so many challenges out there and this is a good place to find a lot of them.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


This is my card for yesterday's Teapot Tuesday challenge on

Close to My Heart's "To the Finish" stampset
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Nestabilities labels,
Versafine black ink
Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock

I stamped the checkered flags then cut them out & glued to the card.

Gotta love a quick and simple CAS card!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Cardinal & Holly

Here is one of the Christmas cards I've made so far this year.

I love this cardinal from Heartfelt Creations! The technique for this card is Paper Piecing and it's easy to do, especially with this image since most of the sections are easy to cut out.

I stamped it on white cardstock, then stamped it again in yellow, red, and green papers. I cut out the sections I wanted (green leaves and berries, yellow beak, and red body) then glued them onto the image that was stamped on the white cardstock.

To make the shaped piece, I laid one of my nestabilities die over the image and traced around the inside of die. I cut it out then erased the pencil marks. After that, I used the same nestabilities die to cut the black mat.

The background is a piece of Real Red cardstock from Stampin' Up! that was embossed with Tim Holtz' folder, bricks. I brayered white pigment ink then sprinkled some glitter while the ink was still wet. After the ink dried, I sprayed it lightly with hair spray to set the glitter.

The brads are faux brads; the tutorial can be found in the Resources section on