Saturday, October 25, 2008

Eastern Blooms Birthday



Today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers was pink bedding from JC Penny. This card is my submission for the challenge.

This card sure is pink! As I was creating it, all I could think was that it was "too pink," and how could I tone it down? The Certainly Celery green didn't help much, so I decided to add a layer of Chocolate Chip. The base is also Chocolate Chip.

My granddaughter's fifth birthday is coming up soon, so this will be her card.



Recipe:

CS: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Certainly Celery

Ink: Cholocate Chip, various chalk inks

Stamps: SU! Eastern Bloom, sentiment is from a Gina K set

Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch (for the leaves), Boho Blossom Punch, brads, , Fiskars texture plate

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Well, it does have a lot of pink, but even as a non-pink person, I don't think it's overwhelming. And it certainly would be appropriate for a little girl. I just got this Eastern Blooms set myself.