Sunday, April 20, 2008

RAK and swap cards



Thank you!

When I got home yesterday after spending the afternoon visiting with my son and his family, I found this card waiting for me. Claudia4 from Splitcoaststampers.com sent it to me as RAK. I was thrilled to receive it and I wanted to share it. Receiving the card from Claudia was the perfect ending to a wonderful day!

It is the inspiration for the next card shown.



I was having a difficult time coming up with a card for the DKOS #18 Cuttlebug Happy Birthday swap: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321738&highlight=DKOS

One of the requirements for this card is to cuttlebug two different layers. I tried a couple different things but nothing was working and I was getting pretty frustrated. I had Claudia's card on the table beside me and was gazing at it when an idea formed. And it worked!

I used the Happy Birthday embossing folder for the top layer. The card was finished off with chocolate chop satin ribbon and stickles in the center of the flowers.

CS: Purely Pomegranite, Chocolate Chip, White
Ink: Purely Pomegranite (on the Birds and Swirls embossing folder)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Happy Birthday and Birds & Swirls embossing folders, stickles




This last card is a 3x3 that I made for a Thank You Swap on Splitcoaststampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336326

I had fun with this card and it came together nicely. I wish they all did! lol

CS: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip. Ginger Blossom DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Polka Dots and Paisley, non-SU! acrylic sentiment stamp, brad, prima-type flowers, Threading Water border punch by Fiskars

No comments: