Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh my! Such a long time since my last post!


Here is my Butterfly Birthday card, which is my submission for yesterday's Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com, seen here:
TruCarMa was the Featured Stamper, and man oh man! her gallery is just awesome! I had a hard time deciding which card to CASE. I finally decided on this one:
I changed the sentiment, the stamp set, one of the colors, and the embellishment. The striped paper is from my stash of designer paper (probably from Michaels). I made the dotted paper using the dot stamp and small flower from Delight in Life. The dots are Groovy Guava and the flowers are "second generation" stamped in Creamy Caramel. The butterfly and flowers were stamped on Cool Caribbean cardstock using Close to Cocoa ink & heat embossed with clear powder. The sentiment was also stamped with Close to Cocoa ink.
I like this card but if I make it again, I think I'll add brads in the top corners.

No comments: